Friday, October 7, 2016

Create in Me...

Sometimes I'm not very loving.  In fact I'm pretty terrible at it.  I love to be loved, but I don't always love others well.  I've been very convicted lately about this condition of my heart. Sometimes I'm just not in tune with others' needs and sometimes people are just plain unlovable.  During my quiet time with the Lord a few weeks ago Psalm 51:10 came to mind.  David writes, "create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." I paused on the word create so I looked up the meaning. It says "to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes. to evolve from one's own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention." Anyway you look at it creating takes work and a willingness on our part. Because without the willingness to change there's just no point.  And to love in a way that reflects Christ's love is not natural in our world's standards. 
I started to think about my heart condition and how each day (or hour) it could use other things too, not just cleanliness. I started to fill in the blanks, create in me....
-A forgving heart
-a compassionate heart
-a love-filled heart
-a joy-filled heart
wisdom
discernment
motivated...

Whatever you need for today just ask for it. Love, patience, kindness, motivation...forgiving. Joy. But it starts with you. Are you willing to change?  To be re-imagined? Because God does all things well. Complete. Full. Good.  Therefore we can too. we just need to ask.   

No comments:

Post a Comment